Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My dream

Last night, I had a dream of my uncle since the day he passed away. It was also the first time I ever had a dream of him. The dream was nothing special since it was just a day spending time with him. However,it was a very special dream for me to treasure since I never really spent time with him when he was alive. This had burdened me for awhile and I always feel remorse for never spending times with him since the day I looked at his lifeless body during the funeral.

In the dream, I saw my uncle was healthy and loquacious with his co-workers. His head was full of hair and no signs of sickness in his facial expression. I didn't talk to him, but I was standing a few feet away from him. I was listening and looking at him while he was sitting on a chair talking and laughing. The dream was so real, but I knew I was dreaming the whole time. As I was looking at my uncle in the dream, I was keep reminded by myself that this is a dream because I knew he passed away a few weeks ago. At the same time, I tried to keep myself from waking up for knowing this is a dream. I was also telling myself that I finally spending some quality time with my uncle, so please don't wake up and let this dream end. Nevertheless, I woke up. I tried to go back to the dream, but I was unsuccessful. Yet, the dream was so real that when I tried to close my eyes and fall back into sleep I can still see images of my uncles for a few seconds in my subconscious before he was slowly disappeared in my mind. There was a split of a second that I thought I wasn't dreaming because his voice and his image were too realistic in my dream. I really thought I did spend a day with him because I wasn't sure if I were in reality or not. Unfortunately I was disappointed that I was dreaming, but at the same time I am grateful that I had this dream because I get to spend times with my uncle afterall.

This dream is not only special because I get to spend time with my uncle, but it is also unique for being my first dream that I knew I was dreaming while I was still dreaming. It was also the first time I felt like I was somewhat controlling the dream by extending its time before I woke up. This dream had a huge impact on me, which I will never forget. Rest in peace uncle! I hope you are now as happy as the way I saw you in my dream! I hope to see you again, soon. God speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment